To brighten up your outlook…we could all use a splash of color.
(because 11 is my lucky number)
1. Vans checkered slip-ons have got to be the best casual shoe for a mama on the go, specifically because one can put them on without using hands (necessary when juggling dog leash, kid, wallet).
2. SkinnyPop Popcorn goes down way too easily. Maybe because it’s practically air?!
3. I’m dreaming of fun things to grill this summer: pineapple, veggie kabobs, sandwiches, and I even saw a chocolate cake recipe from Weber. Weird but still cool.
4. That whole writing career thing is full speed ahead. Juggling 3 websites, 2 Twitter accounts, endless agent queries, 2 email addresses, 2 book proposals, and freelancing gigs has not been easy. But this week spurred so much promising news that I’m just going to keep chugging along.
5. I’m attending a wedding solo this weekend because Fitz is in class. Maybe I’ll ask the DJ to play this song.
6. Today Wells asked to go upstairs and take a nap. Yes, tiny awesome human. That’s cool by me.
7. Trees and shrubs are in (almost) full bloom around here. It’s so refreshing to look out the window and see bundles of pink-and-white blooms and green leaves. It’s like we can all breathe a sigh of relief…
8. Here’s an interesting read on the devoted collectors of Jean-Michel Basquiat. I’ve always loved his stuff and a print of his ‘Tuxedo’ sits on the mantel in our living room.
9. Though I am not really a pink person, I keep finding myself gravitating toward pink things for summer. After getting some recommendations, I nabbed this Kate Spade wallet…now let’s see if it can survive the messy, rough-and-tumble life a of full-time parent.
10. Anyone still watching Parks & Rec? It’s been a bit sporadic lately, but this last episode was a really great one. SO MUCH Lil Sebastian!
11. Be kind, be productive, and have a happy weekend. And if you can, treat yourself to a nice brunch. You deserve it.
Photo Courtesy Galerie Perrotin
Pharrell Williams is trying on another interesting hat: Curator. Next month, the musician is to unveil an exhibition titled “Girl” — the same moniker as his sophomore album, and a forthcoming scent with Comme des Garçons — at Emmanuel Perrotin’s new space in Paris, the Salle de Bal. For More
Chilly winds whipped my hair in a crazy frenzy but I didn’t mind. It felt really good to walk around this city on busy feet, and with my favorite little guy.
We noshed crepes and breakfast burritos at Yolk, one of our old South Loop favorites, and when Fitz took off to work, me and Wells got a hearty dose of color at The Art Institute.
I tend to favor the contemporary, so Christopher Wool’s exhibit felt like an extraordinary world of stark, witty signals. There is very little leisurely strolling that comes with taking a two-year-old to a museum, but I managed to see quite a bit and photograph what I wanted to study later on.
That big red blotch up there? Wool calls it: ‘Minor Mishap.’
We spent a good chunk of time playing in the family center, pointing out colors and numbers in The Modern Wing, and before I could even walk to Michigan Avenue, Wells was fast asleep in his stroller. So much for grabbing lunch at that patisserie I was coveting…
But really, I don’t mind. Days like this and adventures like these are a gift…even if everything is covered in snow.
Some fun art to get lost in.